- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppered Plank Steak Recipe
|Flank steak||1 Pound|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, crushed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Gingerroot||1 Teaspoon, crushed (Green Variety)|
|Green peppers||6 , cut in 1/2 inch strips|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid artificial sweetener||1 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||3 , cut in 1 1/2 -inch pieces|
|Canned whole mushrooms||10 Ounce (1 Can, 5 Or 10 Ounce)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, minced (For Garnish)|
Calories 507 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 2640.6 mg110%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.6%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 53 g105.5%
Vitamin A 44.4% Vitamin C 618.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the meat, across the grain.
2) In a non-stick pan, sautÃ© garlic, meat, salt, pepper and ginger.
3) Cover and simmer until meat is almost done.
4) Remove the meat from the pan and place it on warm plate.
5) In the same pan, sautÃ© green peppers, soy sauce, water, sweetener and scallions until peppers are tender.
6) In a clean non-stick pan, place mushrooms, meat and green pepper mixtures.
7) Heat until stir until heated through.
8) Serve hot with chives.