- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppered Lamb Loin Recipe
|Boneless lamb loin||1 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat|
|Peppercorns||2 Tablespoon, freshly cracked|
|Sherry vinegar/White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs), defatted|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Medium no yolk egg noodles||8 Ounce|
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.3 mg46.1%
Sodium 188.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the lamb into 4 fillets.
2. Press the peppercorns into both sides of each piece with pressure.
3. Coat a no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray.
4. Heat the pan until hot, against medium high flame.
5. Fry deep each fillet on both sides.
6. Shift the meat pieces to an ovenproof pan and finish cooking at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. In the same frying pan, add the sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar and shallots.
8. Cook for a few minutes, and scrape all browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
9. Add the stock in the pan.
10. Stir the ingredient with mint and margarine.
11. Keep the preparation warm.
12. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water until just tender.
13. Drain and keep warm the Noodles.
14. Serve already prepared lamb fillets in serving plate on noodles bed.