- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pepper Stew Recipe
|Red onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), roughly chopped|
|Anchovies||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.1 mg
Sodium 155.9 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 52.6% Vitamin C 441.3%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 38.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take 3 peppers to tear up into small pieces or chop coarsely. Set it aside.
2) In a fry pan, add olive oil and heat up.
3) Add the peppers and onions to the fry pan and keep on stirring.
4) Next add the garlic, the anchovies, freshly ground pepper and oregano to cook the anchovies for melting.
5) Allow this to simmer gently for around 15 minutes by covering with lid.
6) Drizzle vinegar on top and stir well for another 30 seconds.
7) Remove from heat and serve with rice or bread.