- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pepper Snack Recipe
|Sweet red pepper/Sweet green peppers / mixture||10 Large|
|Garlic/Garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon||1 Clove (5 gm), diced|
|Imitation butter flavoring||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.98 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.47%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 110.3 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 199.2% Vitamin C 674.8%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash whole peppers and dry them.
2. In a broiler, place peppers at a height of 6 inches from the heat until brown and soft on both sides; but avoid burning.
3. Remove from broiler and let it cool down.
4. Peel browned skin and lengthwise cut to remove seeds.
5. Lengthwise cut them into 2 inch strips.
6. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until well blended.
7. In a deep container, place pepper and pour the vinegar mixture over it.
8. Refrigerate until served, turning occasionally to coat evenly.
9. Pepper snack goes well with meat or fish.