- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pepper Rice Salad Recipe
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped red onion||2 Ounce (About 4 Tablespoon)|
|Sliced green bell pepper/7 ounce whole green bell peppers||6 Ounce (Ready Cut To Make About 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Sliced red bell pepper/8 ounce whole red bell peppers||6 Ounce (Ready Cut To Make About 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 20.8 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot put the rice and water and bring to a boil.
2. Lower the heat, put on the lid and cook for 17- 18 minutes on medium heat or until rice is tender and water has been absorbed.
3. Put the onions and bell peppers into individual serving bowls.
4. In a bowl mix the sugar, vinegar and sesame seeds properly.
5. Portion the rice equally into the bowls and stir in the sesame dressing.
6. Serve immediately before the sesame seeds get soggy.