- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pepper Mushroom Saute Recipe
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||To Taste|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne-cut|
|Pepper red||To Taste|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne-cut|
|Italian herbs||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Dried italian herbs||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 159.6 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the mushrooms and onion and sautÃ© for 5 minutes until limp.
3. Remove from pan onto a plate using a slotted spoon.
4. Add the peppers and sautÃ© until they are slightly soft.
5. Return the onions and mushrooms to the pan.
6. Sprinkle with herbs and tip in the wine.
7. Cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Dish out and serve hot as a side to grills or steaks or use this as a filling for rolls, sandwiches or pies if you like.