- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Fried Pepper Crusted Fillet Mignon Recipe Video
|Filet mignon steaks||16 Ounce (2 Pieces Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Cracked peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), blanched|
|Mashed potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
Calories 1759 Calories from Fat 573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.5%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g99.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.7 mg
Sodium 1286.5 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 67 g133.8%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 162.6%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 37.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat a pan then pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil (add some more if needed).
3. When the oil is hot, pan fry the steak for 3 minutes per side. Note: If the cut is thick, you’ll need to pan fry the sides.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Bake the pan fried steak for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Transfer the steak to a plate then set aside.
7. On the same pan where the steaks are fried, add 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can omit this step if there is enough oil in the pan).
8. Heat the pan and put-in the onions. Cook the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Pour-in red wine and simmer until it reduces to half.
10. Put-in the steak on the pan and let cook for 30 seconds per side.
11. Turn-heat then transfer the steak to a serving plate.
12. Pour the red wine sauce on top of the steak.
13. Serve with blanched asparagus and mashed potatoes.
14. Share and enjoy!