- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pepper Anchovy And Tomato Salad Recipe
|Sweet red peppers||2 Large|
|Canned anchovy fillets||4 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 627
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.5%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 4627.2 mg192.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 12 g47.9%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 249.3% Vitamin C 660.1%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel tomatoes, slice and remove seeds.
2) Drain anchovy fillets and rinse in cold water to remove oil and salt.
3) Skin and crush garlic.
4) Place peppers under a hot broiler. Alternately pierce with fork and hold over a gas flame. Turn to char the skin till it becomes black.
5) Keep under cold running water and rub off the skin.
6) Trim the stalk ends and seeds from the peppers. Remove the white pith.
7) Make wide strips from the flesh.
8) Place on a flat serving dish pepper strips and sliced tomatoes.
9) Arrange anchovy fillets in a lattice pattern.
10) Mix garlic with oil.
11) Pour over salad and sprinkle lemon juice, salt, and very little freshly ground pepper on top.
12) Serve chilled.