- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peperonata with Wholemeal Noodles Recipe
|Olive oils||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Red peppers||2 , seeded and cut into strips|
|Green peppers||2 , seeded and cut into strips|
|Tomatoes||450 Gram, skinned, seeded and chopped (Around 1 pound)|
|Chopped basil||1 Tablespoon (Fresh Pieces)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Noodles||175 Gram (Around 6 ounce Of Whole Meal Variety)|
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.7 mg
Sodium 123.4 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 68.5% Vitamin C 279.9%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the peppers, tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the lid from the pan and cook over a fairly high heat until most of the moisture has evaporated. Keep warm.
4. Meanwhile cook the noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender.
5. Drain the noodles thoroughly and toss in the remaining olive oil; add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide the noodles among 4 serving plates and spoon the hot peperonata over the top.
7. Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil and serve immediately, as a light main course with a salad.