- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penny's Million Dollar Stuffed Mushroom Caps Recipe
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1452 Calories from Fat 1048
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.5%
Saturated Fat 66 g329.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1537.8 mg
Sodium 1425.2 mg59.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 80 g159.4%
Vitamin A 602.4% Vitamin C 209.7%
Calcium 26.3% Iron 153%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a skillet and heat 2 tablespoons butter in it.
2) Add chicken livers and sauté for about 2 minutes.
3) Sprinkle with tomato juice and mash to a paste.
4) Combine with chopped eggs, onion, seasonings and anchovies.
5) Stuff mixture inside the mushroom caps.
6) Place the stuffed caps in refrigerator until chafing time.
7) Immediately before cooking rolls the caps in parsley flakes.
8) Take a blazer pan and heat 2 tablespoons butter in it.
9) Sauté mushroom caps until brown all over and a little wrinkled.
10) Sprinkle with lemon juice.
11) Repeat until mushrooms are thoroughly cooked. Add butter as per requirement.
12) Serve with toothpicks or on toast rounds.