- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penny-Wise Pizza Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking mix||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (Multi-Purpose)|
|Hamburger mix||1 Pint (2 Cups)|
|Pasteurized process american cheese||1⁄4 Pound, cut into strips|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3154 Calories from Fat 1052
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g168.3%
Saturated Fat 60.8 g303.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 9024.1 mg376%
Total Carbohydrates 231 g77%
Dietary Fiber 124.2 g496.9%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 389 g778%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 152.6% Iron 108.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Turn Baking Mix into a mixing bowl, add yeast, and beat vigorously.
3. Turn dough onto floured surface; knead with fingertips about 20 times, or until smooth. Allow dough to rest a few minutes after kneading.
4. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each into a very thin circle 9 inches across, being careful not to tear dough. Place on ungreased baking sheets or pie pans.
5. Combine Hamburger Mix and oregano; heat thoroughly. Divide onto the 4 rounds and spread it evenly over the dough.
6. Bake at 425Â°F 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is brown. Remove from oven and arrange cheese strips on top.
7. Turn oven control to 350Â°F. Return pizzas to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.