- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pennsylvania Dutch Green Bean Salad Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green beans||1 Can (10 oz), cut (No. 303)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.6 mg20.9%
Sodium 218 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain and crumble.
2. Drain the dripping and reserve.
3. In the same pan, put in 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and brown onion lightly.
4. Pour in the cornstarch, mustard and salt.
5. Drain beans and set aside 1/2 cup liquid. Stir the reserved liquid into skillet. Cook while stirring, until the mixture boils.
6. Pour in the brown sugar and vinegar; add beans, heating thoroughly. Turn into serving dish; garnish with sliced egg.
7. Sprinkle bacon on top and serve