- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pennsylvania Dutch Sausage Recipe
|Fresh pork trimming||20 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Salt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black pepper||6 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 19126 Calories from Fat 10583
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1173 g1805.1%
Saturated Fat 406.4 g2032.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5805.2 mg
Sodium 74431.7 mg3101.3%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g86.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.9 g95.4%
Sugars 200.6 g
Protein 1782 g3563.6%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 122.2%
Calcium 216% Iron 560.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the meat properly mixing it with the seasonings and grind twice, using 1/8 inch hole plate.
2. Remove the blade and attach the stuffer spout and force enough sausage into spout to fill it, try to avoid any air pockets.
3. Pull the casing over spout and feed on as much casing as spout will hold.
4. Push in as much mince in the casings as the desired length and then tie the ends together with a strong thread.
5. Hang the sausages to keep the shape round.
6. Use as desired by smoking or cooking fresh or freeze for later use.