- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pennsylvania Dutch Cheesecake Recipe
|99% fat free cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.7 mg46.9%
Sodium 595.3 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.06%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites along with salt to form stiff peaks. Keep aside.
3. Take a blender, add egg yolks, cottage cheese, buttermilk, fresh lemon juice and vanilla and blend to a creamy, smooth mixture.
4. Add cheese mixture to egg whites and thoroughly, but gently, fold together.
5. Take a 9 inch round or square cake pan and add the mixture.
6. Arrange in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or till a teaser inserted can be removed without sticking.
7. Take out and chill till the cake center forms a depression.
8. Fill the depression with sliced peaches or berries or a jam of your choice and serve.