- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne with Tomatoes, Black Olives and Goat Cheese Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian plum tomatoes||28 Ounce, with juice (796 Milliliter, 1 Can)|
|Crumbled goat cheese||3 Ounce|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.7 mg
Sodium 924.6 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 68.7% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and saute garlic and onions by cooking for 4 minutes such that softened.
2. With the back of a spoon Stir in tomatoes, breaking them up and cook reducing the heat to medium-low until thickened for about 10 minutes.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente and drain.
4. Stir goat cheese, olives and hot pepper flakes into sauce and toss with pasta.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.