- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne with Pomodoro Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (Or Any Other)|
|Fresh basil/1/2 teaspoon dried basil||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Pancetta||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.5 mg
Sodium 567.6 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the penne pasta al dente for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and saute garlic for a minute over medium flame. Add in the tomatoes and basil and cook for 10 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
3) In a skillet, heat oil over medium flame and cook the pancetta along with garlic and oregano until the pancetta turns golden brown.
4) Pour in the wine, add tomato sauce and cook for another 3 minutes. Lastly, add in butter.
5) Add in the pasta into the sauce and toss it well mixed.
6) Serve hot.