- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne with Chicken, Asparagus, Lemon, and Tarragon Recipe
|Asparagus||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breasts strip||1 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat and cut in 1/4-inch-thick strips (Boneless And Skinless)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|White wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Asparagus blanching water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemons||2 , squeezed|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, unsalted|
|Parmesan||4 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.3 mg6.1%
Sodium 380.7 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.4%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 85.3% Vitamin C 68.6%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 47.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium pot of lightly salted boiling water, add the asparagus and blanch until just tender, drain.
2) Reserve 1/2 cup of the blanching water and quickly submerge the asparagus in an ice bath, drain and keep aside.
3) In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the penne until tender.
4) In a Dutch oven, saute the chicken over a medium heat in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, stir frequently and saute until soft.
5) Add the wine and simmer over a high heat until the liquid has evaporated.
6) Stir in the tarragon, blanching water and asparagus and cook the asparagus until thoroughly heated.
7) Add the lemon juice, swirl in the butter and season the sauce with the salt and pepper.
8) Drain the pasta, add to the sauce, toss well and heat thoroughly for 1 minute.
9) Place the pasta equally on 4 serving plates, sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan and serve immediately.