- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne with Baked Beans Recipe Video
|Beef||230 Gram, minced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baked beans||230 Gram (in tomato sauce)|
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.7 mg
Sodium 62.7 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Marinate the minced beef in a bowl with the soya Sauce, the sugar, some black pepper powder, the chicken broth and some salt for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the water in a pot until boiling and add some salt and a bit of olive oil. Once boiling, add the penne and cook for 7 minutes. If you like the pasta softer, not al dente, you can add one or two minutes. Now drain them well and set aside.
3. Wash the tomatoes and cut them into large pieces. Peel the onion and dice it.
4. Heat the wok and sauté the chopped garlic, the onion and the minced beef. Add in the tomato, the baked beans and the water. Let it cook for 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
5. Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC. Place the penne into the long shaped ramekin and pour in the baked beans and minced beef sauce. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Take it out from oven, sprinkle with parmesan if you like a cheesy touch.