- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne Vodka With Chef Ellie Espo Recipe Video
|Cooked penne||1 Pound|
|Sliced garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prosciutto||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||2 Pinch|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vodka||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g100.8%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g164.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.8 mg75.3%
Sodium 570.8 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 19 g38.6%
Vitamin A 54.6% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 28% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan saute the shallots until golden brown with olive oil then add the garlic and prosciutto and cook until golden.
2) Add the crushed red pepper flakes then add the vodka and cook for about a minute.
3) Ignite the pan and let the alcohol cook off. As the flame dies down add the tomato sauce.
4) Cook for about 2-3 minutes then add the cream and let the sauce reduce until it thickens slightly.
5) Correct for seasoning and add the torn basil leaves.
6) Mix the pasta and sauce together in the pan.
7)Add your desired amount of grated cheese and serve warm and enjoy!