- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne Primavera With Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Assorted vegetables||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Zucchini, Eggplant, Peppers, Mushrooms)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomato||7 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Light cream/Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Penne pasta||1 Pound, cooked|
Calories 1051 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.6%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g120.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.2 mg
Sodium 1151.4 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.5%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 189.3% Vitamin C 61.4%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 45.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and mix together zucchini, eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, 2 tablespoons mustard and oil in it.
2) On a broiler pan, broil vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and soft.
3) In a medium saucepan, stir-fry sun-dried tomato strips and garlic for 2 minutes over medium heat.
4) Minimize heat to low and mix in light cream, remaining mustard and basil and cook well.
5) Take a large serving bowl and mix hot cooked pasta with vegetables and cream sauce in it so as to coat well and then top with Parmesan cheese.
6) If desired, garnish and serve at once.