- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne Pasta Salad Nicoise Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Ribbed penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), slivered|
|Red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), halved and finely slivered|
|Pitted imported black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved, if very large|
|Pitted black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, drained|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , halved|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , halved crosswise (Or More To Taste)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Haricots||8 Ounce, trimmed|
|Haricots verts||8 Ounce, stem ends trimmed, halved crosswise|
|Idaho potatoes||2 , cut into cubes|
|Idaho potatoes||2 , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
|White tuna||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White meat tuna||13 Ounce, drained and flaked into large pieces (Two 6 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Large, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Large, cut into cubes|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , peeled and coarsely chopped (For Garnish)|
|Eggs||3 , hard-cooked, peeled and coarsely chopped (For Garnish)|
Calories 750 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.4 mg
Sodium 704.3 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.8%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 71.4% Vitamin C 87.7%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, prepare salt water and bring it to a boil.
2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and penne.
3. Cook until the pasta is just tender.
4. Drain and rinse under cold water, and drain again well.
5. In a large bowl, place the drained pasta.
6. Add remaining 3/4 cup olive oil and toss pasta to coat evenly with oil.
7. Add in the garlic, onion, olives, capers, anchovies, 1/2 cup parsley, and a generous amount of pepper.
8. In a small pot, bring water to a boil.
9. Add haricots verts and cook for about 3 minutes until just tender.
10. Drain and cool under cold water.
11. Drain again and pat dry.
12. Add them to the pasta bowl.
13. In a small pot, place potatoes and cover with cold water.
14. Bring it to a boil and cook for 7-8 minutes until just tender.
15. Drain and add to the pasta bowl.
16. To the pasta bowl, add tuna and tomatoes.
17. Fold all the ingredients together using a large rubber spatula.
18. Adjust seasonings to taste.
19. Serve on a large attractive serving bowl.
20. Garnish with chopped eggs and chopped parsley.