- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne Pasta with Pancetta Recipe Video
|Dry penne||150 Gram|
|Frozen baby broad beans||80 Gram, skinned|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|Dry white wine||75 Milliliter|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||250 Milliliter|
|Basil leaves||15 Gram|
|Parmesan cheese||15 Gram|
|Sea salt/Green bell pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 1362 Calories from Fat 929
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.5%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.5 mg18.2%
Sodium 6224.1 mg259.3%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta to the ‘al dente’ stage, drain and refresh and allow to dry.
2. Then put into a clean bowl, season lightly and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Tear the basil leaves with fingers into the bowl, mix together, cover with cling film and put aside until required.
4. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, add a little salt and the baby broad beans and gently boil for 3 minutes.
5. Drain in a colander, refresh under cold water and allow to dry.
6. Take the beans one at a time between your thumb and first finger and squeeze the green bean out of its skin.
7. Place the green beans into a small dish, cover with cling film and keep until required.
8. Peel and finely dice the shallots, peel and crush the garlic and flake the Parmesan cheese.
9. Heat a heavy-based pan over a medium heat and add the remaining oil.
10. Add the crushed garlic and shallot and stir-fry for about 1 minute without coloring.
11. Add the diced pancetta and continue to stir-fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Turn up the heat, carefully add the wine and when the wine has evaporated, turn the heat back down and add the cream, which will thicken to form the sauce.
13. Season to taste and add the marinated pasta and broad beans.
14. Mix well and allow them to heat through for a few moments.
15. Divide the penne pasta between warmed bowls, garnish with flakes of Parmesan and small basil leaves and serve immediately.