- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne A'La Arrabiata Recipe
|Penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Whole tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Parmesan and romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 1298 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.4%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 633.5 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g61.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.7%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 43 g85.4%
Vitamin A 80.8% Vitamin C 107.5%
Calcium 36.4% Iron 32.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
2. Crush the tomatoes and set them aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil, add garlic and sauté until it is golden brown without burning it.
4. Add red pepper flakes, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mixture should become saucy.
5. While the sauce is cooking, bring the water to a boil in the large pot, add a dash of salt, add the pasta and cook until it is al dente.
6. Drain the pasta in a colander. Do not rinse with water (it will hold onto the sauce better that way!).
7. Add drained pasta to the spicy sauce and mix it together.
8. Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve with grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese on an elegant pasta dish.