- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Pralines Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light-brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3437 Calories from Fat 1715
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g310.4%
Saturated Fat 50.7 g253.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.7 mg
Sodium 44.1 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 431 g143.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.9%
Sugars 407.7 g
Protein 21 g41.5%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 2-quart, heavy saucepan, combine sugars and cream.
2) Over medium heat, bring the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon.
3) Keep on cooking, stirring occasionally, to 228F on candy thermometer, or until syrup spins a 2-inch thread when dropped from spoon.
4) Add pecans and butter.
5) Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, to 236F on candy thermometer, or until a little in cold water forms a soft ball.
6) Remove pan to wire rack.
7) Let cool 10 minutes — to 200F.
8) Stir about 1 minute, or until slightly thick but still glossy.
9) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto sheet of foil or double thickness of waxed paper.
10) Pralines will spread into large patties.
11) If mixture becomes too stiff, stir in a drop or two of cold water.
12) To store: Arrange in layers in plastic refrigerator container or tin with tight-fitting lid, with waxed paper between layers.
13) Store in a cool, dry place.
14) Serve the pecan pralines as dessert.