- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Crescents Recipe
|Unsifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground pecans/Hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsifted confectioner' s sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla bean||1 , cut up (3 Inch)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5723 Calories from Fat 2315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 267 g411.3%
Saturated Fat 123 g615%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg
Sodium 272.5 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 806 g268.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.7%
Sugars 582.2 g
Protein 38 g76.4%
Vitamin A 113.7% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 80.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) In large bowl, combine flour, butter, nuts, 1/2 cup sugar, the salt, and extracts.
3) Mix, with hands, until thoroughly combined.
4) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5) Make Vanilla Sugar: In electric blender, combine cut-up vanilla bean and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar; cover; blend at high speed about 8 seconds.
6) Combine with remaining confectioners' sugar on a large sheet of foil.
7) Shape cookies: Form dough into balls, using 1 tablespoon dough for each.
8) Then, with palms of hands, form each ball into a roll 3 inches long.
9) Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets.
10) Curve each to make a crescent.
11) Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until set but not brown.
12) Let stand 1 minute before removing.
13) With spatula, place hot cookies in vanilla sugar; turn gently to coat both sides.
14) Cool completely.
15) Store in a tightly covered crock or cookie tin in a cool, dry place.
16) Just before serving, coat with additional vanilla sugar, if desired.
17) Serve the pecan crescents as dessert.