- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Tuna Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White bread slice||12|
|Wheat bread||6 (Whole Or Cracked)|
|Softened butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Salted pecan piece/Coarsely chopped salted pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1241 Calories from Fat 872
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.6%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99 mg33%
Sodium 1568.1 mg65.3%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 33 g66.3%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Blend the cream cheese, lemon juice and mayonnaise until smooth.
2) Gently fold in the olives and tuna, mix in the monosodium glutamate.
3) Apply butter to all the bread slices.
4) Spread the tuna filling over 6 slices of white bread and cover with the whole-wheat slices.
5) Then spread with the tuna filling and cover with rest of the white bread.
6) Trim off the bread crusts and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
7) Spread the filling over the cut edges of the triangles and then coat the edges with the pecans.
8) Garnish the sandwiches with the sweet-pickle sticks and serve immediately.