- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Swirl Sticky Buns Recipe
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls||8 Ounce|
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.3 mg
Sodium 146.4 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Keep aside.
2. Unroll dough but do not separate the layers.
3. On each of the 2 long rectangles, brush about 1 teaspoon butter.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon pecan mixture along the length.
5. Re-roll tightly.
6. Cut each roll into 4 equal portions. To get 8 buns.
7. Brush butter over each bun and then roll in remaining pecan mixture.
8. In an 8-inch round baking dish, arrange the rolls in a ring, keeping them towards the outer edge of the dish.
9. Sprinkle remaining pecan mixture on top of rolls.
10. Place in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes until golden.
11. Cover the dish and let stand and cool for 5 minutes
12. Transfer the rolls to a platter.
13. Serve the buns warm and buttery.