- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Shortbread Cookies Recipe
|Sugar||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup, At Room Temperature)|
|Lard/Vegetable shortening||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup, At Room Temperature)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Vanilla||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|All purpose flour||560 Milliliter (2 1/4 Cups)|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon (4 Milliliter)|
|Anise seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely crushed (1 Milliliter)|
|Finely chopped pecans||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5969 Calories from Fat 2856
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 326 g501.7%
Saturated Fat 123.3 g616.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 572.6 mg
Sodium 289 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 700 g233.2%
Dietary Fiber 29.3 g117.2%
Sugars 257.1 g
Protein 73 g146.2%
Vitamin A 68.5% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 27% Iron 168.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix flour, cinnamon, anise seeds and salt in medium bowl. Add flour mixture, 1/4 at a time, to butter mixture, stirring to blend well after each addition. Stir in pecans.
3. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar in small bowl
4. For each cookie, pinch off piece of dough the size of small walnut (enough to make about 1-inch or 2.5-cm ball). Roll dough between palms into ball; roll ball in sugar to coat. Place balls 3 inches (8 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Press each ball with bottom of glass to flatten into 3/8 inch (1-cm) thick circle, dipping glass into sugar each time to prevent sticking.
6. Bake cookies 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 300°F (150°C); continue baking until cookies are light brown, 12 to 15 minutes longer.
7. Let cookies cool slightly on baking sheets set on wire racks, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer cookies from baking sheets to racks; cool completely.