- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Pralines Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3546 Calories from Fat 1715
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g310.4%
Saturated Fat 50.7 g253.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 197.7 mg
Sodium 107.4 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 453 g150.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.9%
Sugars 427 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 41.6% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In heavy 2-quart saucepan add sugar and cream. Mix well.
2. Place the pan over medium heat. Boil the ingredients well.Stir using a wooden mixture.
3. Continue cooking. Keep stirring to reach 228F on candy thermometer or check if it spins a 2-inch thread while being dropped from a spoon.
5. Add butter and pecans.
6. Cook the mixture on medium heat while stirring in between.Check if it is ready by dropping a little bit of mixture in cold water is forming a soft ball.
7. Place it on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes to 200F.
8. Stir till the mixture gets glossy.
9. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture at least 2 inches apart from one another in the cookie sheet. Check if the pralines are spreading like sheets.
10. Add water if mixture is too stiff.
12. Serve Pecan Pralines immediately.