- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Pralines Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.5 mg5.5%
Sodium 3.7 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 0.24 g0.48%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.03%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large 2-quart heavy saucepan, tip in the sugar and the cream and place over medium heat. Bring this mixture to the boil while stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Use a candy thermometer and the thermometer should register 228F or the syrup should spin a 2-inch thread when dropped from spoon.
2. Add pecans and butter to the pan and the cook this mixture over medium heat while stirring frequently. The candy thermometer should register 236 F or until a little syrup forms a soft ball in cold water.
3. Remove the pan from the wire rack and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes or till the candy thermometer registers 200F. The mixture will appear smooth and glossy
4. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on to the waxed paper and then wait for them to cool. If the mixture becomes too thick to handle, add one or two drops of water to the mix. These pralines can be frozen quite easily in the refrigerator container of the fridge.
5. Serve cold or store in airtight container till required.