- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Pecan Pie - How to Make Southern Pecan Pie Recipe Video
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (Mexican Vanilla Blend)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Toasted pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
Calories 628 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.9 mg28.3%
Sodium 561.7 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 39.5 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the pie crust. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add light and dark corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar and salt.
4. Mix them well till combined. Add the vanilla blend extract and mix well.
5. In another bowl, mix flour with melted butter till combined.
6. Pour this into the sugar-syrup mixture.
7. In yet another bowl, add the eggs and beat them till they are uniform in color.
8. Add this to the sugar mixture and mix well till incorporated.
9. Pour this into the pie crust and tap to even out the surface.
10. Sprinkle pecan nuts generously on top to cover it.
11. Bake for around 60 minutes or till the crust turns golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and allow cooling completely before serving.
13. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve it as a dessert.