- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Holiday Pecan-Crusted Yam Patties ☆ Recipe Video
|Pecan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), powdered|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cranberry orange salad dressing||6 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||3 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 166.7 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 74.2% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter, transfer to a small flat dish.
3. Place a small amount of melted butter in a larger skillet. Coat each of the yam patties by dipping it in the butter and then dredge in the pecan meal.
4. In a larger skillet, heat butter (1 tablespoon)and place patties, cook over low heat for few minutes, flip when required.
5. When cooked through and browned from both sides, remove patties to a nice serving dish.
6. Sprinkle some brown sugar, serve immediately with orange cranberry dressing.
If you do not get yam patties, make your own patties with potato, sweet potatoes or yam.