- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Crescents Recipe
|Unsifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Ground hazelnuts/Ground pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For vanilla sugar|
|Vanilla bean strip||3 Inch, cut up|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.4 mg
Sodium 7.6 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 0.26%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Prepare ungreased cookie sheets for the baking process
3. Prepare the vanilla sugar in an electric blender by blending vanilla bean and ¼ cup of sugar. Pour this out on a waxed paper and then add the 1-3/4 cup of confectioner-€™s sugar and mix well
4. In a large bowl, tip in the flour, butter, nuts, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, the salt and extracts and mix well with hands or with a wooden spoon. Chill this covered for 30 minutes till done.
5. Shape the cookies and then form dough balls. Use a single tablespoon of dough for each dough ball.
6. Then roll out the dough balls to make a roll that is 3-inches long.
7. Place the rolls on a baking sheet or an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. The rolls spread out during cooking so leave 2 inches of space between the rolls.
8. Let stand for one minute and then transfer the hot cookies to the vanilla sugar. Turn the cookies so that both sides are coated and cool completely.
9. Dust with more sugar before serving.