- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Brittle And Praline Recipe
|Granulated sugar||9 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||90 Milliliter|
|Pecan nuts||9 Ounce|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3106 Calories from Fat 1710
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g311.3%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g124.2%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg
Sodium 815.5 mg34%
Total Carbohydrates 338 g112.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.5 g98%
Sugars 296.2 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 57.7% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large heatproof bowl and add the sugar and golden syrup in it.
2. Place in the microwave on high temperature for 4 minutes, uncovered.
3. Add the pecan nuts and butter and cook in the microwave for additional 4 minutes.
4. Sprinkle baking powder on the top and stir until it bubbles up to become frothy and light.
5. Take a 50 cm (20 inch) length of lightly-oiled foil or greaseproof paper and add the mixture in it. Allow it to set.
6. Tap sharply to get small brittle pieces.
7. In an airtight container, store each piece wrapped in waxed paper, foil, or cellophane.
8. Use a toffee hammer or any heavy instrument to break the wrapped brittle into a coarse powder. One can also use a powerful food processor.
9. Serve in a serving dish.