- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Pecan Bread Part 1 of 4 Recipe Video
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean paste/Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil spray||2 Dash|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.3 mg
Sodium 373.7 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the pecans. Toast in a 350 degrees F preheated oven until toasted.
2. Take out the pecans in a bowl and reserve 2 tbsp. for topping.
3. Into the remaining pecans, add in the sugar and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with oil spray and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
6. In a stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter.
7. Stir in the eggs and vanilla bean paste, one at a time.
8. Add in flour mixture in 3 batches, alternatively with milk.
9. Pour 1/3rd of the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle half of pecan mixture over the batter. Followed by half of bread batter and spread that with a spatula. Sprinkle remaining pecan mixture and top that with remaining batter. Make a swirl effect with spatula.
10. Bake in oven for 60 minutes.
11. Meanwhile prepare frosting – in a bowl, mix together powdered sugar and milk.
12. Drizzle the frosting over the bread and spread evenly. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
13. Slice the bread and serve with tea or coffee.