- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pecan Balls - Vanilla Kipfel Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crushed pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 523 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.2%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg
Sodium 35.9 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedStand mixer
Zip lock bag
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree.
2. Prepare a sprayed cookie sheet.
3. Crush the pecans in a zip lock bag using a rolling pin.
4. In a stand mixer bowl cream the butter until soft, scrape the sides and cream it further for few seconds.
5. Add the sugar and combine well, add vanilla and water and mix for about 1 minute.
6. Gradually add the sifted flour to the butter and sugar mixture.
7. Add pecans; mix very well on low speed.
8. Once done portion to the size of a walnut and place on sprayed cookie sheet.
9. Bake about 30 minutes or until starting to get slightly golden.
10. After 30 minutes remove and transfer in a cooling rack.
11. While still warm, roll in powdered sugar until they are white.
12. Serve after a hearty meal.