- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pheasant Lentil Soup Recipe
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Veal sausage||5 Ounce|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|All purpose potato||6 Ounce, diced, pared|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Swiss chard||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped, thoroughly washed and drained|
|Uncooked lentils||3 Ounce, rinsed, sorted|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||3 Ounce (3 Packets)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 197.8 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.8%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 100.5% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 3 quart saucepan and add some oil in it.
2. Heat the oil and add in the sausages.
3. Cook over medum-high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes until sausages are completely cooked and browned.
4.Remove the sausages from the pan and keep aside.
5. Now, to the saucepan, add in garlic, onion, potato, carrots and stir fry for about 1 to 2 minutes until onions turn translucent.
6.Add in water, lentils, broth mix, paprika, bay leaf, parsely, pepper and stir well.
7. Cover pan partially and cook for about 40 to 45 minutes over medium to low heat so that lentils tenderize.
8.Make thin slices of the sausage and add into the soup.
9. Let cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Remvoe the bay leaf.
11. Serve hot.