- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peas And Ham Recipe
|Fresh shelled peas||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked ham||4 Ounce, cut into strips (100 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg
Sodium 7.6 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the butter or margarine, water, sugar and seasoning into a pan, bring to the boil.
3. Add the peas, cover pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until just tender.
4. Blend the flour with a little cold water, add some of the hot liquid.
5. Stir into the peas, bring to the boil, stirring and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add the ham, stir in the cream, heat through gently but do not boil.