- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peas And Carrots In Sauce Recipe
|Podded peas||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Fresh)|
|Small carrots||8 Ounce, scraped (225 Gram, Young Variety)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.6 mg
Sodium 146.5 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 166.8% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cover and cook gently until just tender 12-15 minutes.
3. Blend the butter and flour together to make a beurre manie
4. Add pieces of this to the cooked vegetables, stirring gently to break up and thicken the liquid the vegetables were cooked in.
5. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings.