- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pears Poached In Fresh Grape Juice Recipe
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.3 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.6%
Sugars 117.2 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 123.1%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mash the grapes and press through a fine sieve.
2) In a saucepan, simmer the juice until reduced to half.
3) Peel and core pears, then poach in the grape juice in batches and remove in a glass serving dish.
4) Pour rest of the grape juice over the pears and refrigerate.
5) Garnish with a little ground mace and serve with sweet heavy or dairy sour cream.