- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pears In White Wine Recipe
|Semi sweet white wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Large (Use Peel And Juice)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.8 mg
Sodium 16.3 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 74.1 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 34.1%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large heavy-based saucepan, add the wine and all the other ingredients except the cream and pears; stir over a low heat to dissolve the sugar, then turn off the heat.
2) Pear and add the pears into the saucepan, coat them well in the wine syrup.
3) Cover and gently cook over a low heat for 40-45 minutes, until the pears are tender, turning in between.
4) Remove the pears gently with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl, discard the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
5) Boil the syrup and gently reduce to about 2/3 , then pour over the pears.
6) Serve warm or chilled with the cream .