- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pears In Red Wine Recipe
|Ripe pears||4 Small (Use Medium Ripe)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Cinnamon stick piece||1 Small|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint|
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.36 g0.56%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.8%
Sugars 114.1 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel pears and keep it whole with the stalks.
2) In a small saucepan arrange pears closely.
3) Put sugar, water and cinnamon stick. Boil and simmer with covered lid for 15 minutes.
4) Take off lead, pour red wine and cook gently for 15 minutes.
5) Take out pears and arrange in a serving dish.
6) Take off cinnamon and boil the syrup till reduced to a light syrup.
7) Spoon the sauce over the pears.
8) Chill for several hours before serving.
9) Serve chilled with cream.