- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pears In Chocolate Sauce Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||4 Ounce (4 Squares Of 1 Ounce Each)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1825 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.5%
Saturated Fat 36 g180.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.1 mg28.4%
Sodium 119.3 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 343 g114.3%
Dietary Fiber 37.5 g149.9%
Sugars 276.4 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 75.7%
Calcium 30.3% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the pears and remove the stalks.
2) Break the chocolate into small pieces.
3) In a saucepan, put the water, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla bean and heat gently till the sugar dissolves.
4) Boil the syrup, add the pears and simmer for about 15 minutes till just tender.
5) Leave pears to cool in the syrup, then with a slotted spoon lift them out and chill for several hours.
6) Keep the syrup aside.
7) Put the chocolate pieces into the top of a double boiler with the butter.
8) Place over simmering water and stir till melted.
9) Remove from the heat and beat in 2 tbsp of the pear syrup.
10) In a serving dish, arrange the pears and place scoops of ice cream between them.
11) Decorate with crystallized violets, if liked.
12) Serve the pears with chocolate sauce poured over them.