- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pears Conde Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs), boiling|
|Rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), uncooked|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g71%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196.5 mg
Sodium 134.2 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 96.7 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, combine the water, 2 cups sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla together to make a syrup.
2) Bring to a boil, add the pears in batches and cook, turning for 3 minutes, or until the skins loosen.
3) Remove from the syrup, cool, peel off the skins, halve the pears, then discard the stems and cores.
4) Return to the pan syrup and simmer for about 7 minutes, or until just tender, drain.
5) Cover the rice with the boiling water, allow to stand for 10 minutes, then drain.
6) In the top part of a double boiler, add 2 cups milk and scald.
7) Remove from the heat, stir in the rice, salt, 1/3 cup sugar and butter.
8) Cover, place over hot water and cook for 1 hour, or until the rice is tender.
9) Remove from the heat, keep aside.
10) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, until thoroughly mixed.
11) Stir a little hot rice mixture, mix well, then combine with rest of the rice mixture.
12) Taste and add more salt and sugar, if required, mix thoroughly.
13) In a buttered 3- or 4-cup mold, or a ring mold, pack in the rice mixture and refroigerate until chilled
14) Unmold over a serving platter, surround with the poached pears and garnish with the whipped cream and serve the Pears Conde immediately.