- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pears Belle Helene Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dessert pears||3 Large|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Chocolate sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, browned|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3540 Calories from Fat 1167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.1%
Saturated Fat 72.7 g363.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 425.4 mg
Sodium 801.1 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 565 g188.2%
Dietary Fiber 31.7 g126.7%
Sugars 492 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 82.8% Vitamin C 57.8%
Calcium 135.5% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel, core and halve the pears lengthways.
3. Poach them in the syrup until just tender.
4. Pile the ice cream in a serving dish.
5. Arrange the drained, cooled pear halves around it.
6. Coat the dessert with chocolate sauce, and scatter browned almonds over.