- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Tatin Recipe
|Pear halves||28 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Piecrust mix||100 Gram (Pastry For 1-Crust Pie)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped (Sweetened)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2503 Calories from Fat 895
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.8%
Saturated Fat 63 g315.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 361.1 mg
Sodium 545.2 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 403 g134.5%
Dietary Fiber 28.3 g113.2%
Sugars 281.6 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 81.7% Vitamin C 58%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 63.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Drain pears well. Cut each in half lengthwise; drain on paper towels.
3. In a separate skillet, cook sugar in large skillet, over medium heat and stirring occasionally, until sugar melts and becomes light-brown syrup. Immediately pour into bottom of an 8-1/2-inch round baking dish.
4. Arrange pears, rounded side down, spoke fashion, in caramelized sugar. Top with a second layer of pears, rounded side up, fitting pieces over bottom layer to fill open spaces. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes, or just until caramelized sugar is melted.
5. Let stand in baking dish on wire rack until cooled to room temperature as this will take about 1-1/2 hours.
6. Follow the package directions to make puff pastry. On lightly floured surface, roll out to a 9-inch circle. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; prick with fork and chill for 30 minutes. Bake pastry at 450F for 10 minutes, or until golden-brown. Let stand on cookie sheet on wire rack until ready to use.
7. Place pastry circle over pears in baking dish. Top with serving plate; invert, and remove baking dish. Mound marrons in center. Serve with whipped cream.