- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Tart Elegante Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened (1/2 Stick)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely ground blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For cream cheese filling|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pear halves||5 , drained|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Red currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.4 mg
Sodium 181 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 51.5 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 39.2%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Prepare the Pastry: Combine the butter, sugar, lemon rind, vanilla and egg yolk in a small bowl; beat until well mixed. Add the flour and almonds; stir to mix well. Press the mixture into an even layer over the bottom and up the sides of a 9- or 10-inch quiche pan with a removable bottom.
3. Bake the tarte crust in the preheated moderate oven (375°) for 10 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven to a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
4. Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling: Combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon rind, almond extract and egg in a small bowl; beat until smooth. Pour the filling into the pastry crust. Arrange the pears, cut-side down, over the filling.
5. Bake the tarte in the moderate oven (375°) for 25 to 35 minutes until the center of the filling is set. Remove the tarte to the wire rack to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the tarte to chill.
6. Arrange the strawberries over the filling. Melt the jelly in a small saucepan. Spoon the jelly over the tarte. Remove the tarte from the pan.