- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Tart Recipe
|9 inch pie crust||1 , refrigerated (Ready To Bake)|
|Bartlett pears/Bosc pears||48 Small, cored, pared, and thinly sliced (Eight Six Ounce Each Pieces)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon, granulated|
|Cardamom/Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 1142 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 175.1 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 279 g93%
Dietary Fiber 48.5 g194.2%
Sugars 162.9 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450Â° F.
2. In a 10 inch tart pan, place the pie crust dough over bottom and up side.
3. With a fork, prick the dough on all sides and flute edges, if desired.
4. Place the pan in the middle of center oven rack and bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is brown.
5. Arrange the pear slices decoratively inside the tart pan and keep aside.
6. In a small saucepan, cook lemon juice and honey over low heat for about 1 minute until honey is melted; stir frequently.
7. Using a pastry brush, apply the honey mixture over the pear slices.
8. Return the pan into the middle of center oven rack and bake for 15 minutes.
9. Set the oven on broiling mode.
10. In a small bowl, mix sugar with cardamom and sprinkle evenly over pear slices.
11. Return the pan into the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes until sugar caramelizes.
12. Remove the tart from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling.
13. Garnish with mint sprig.