- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Salads Recipe
|Ripe cornice pears||4 Large, pared, cored and cut into 6 slices|
|Cream cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||1 Tablespoon, strained|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Bibb lettuce||1 , leaves separated|
|Chopped capers||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 461 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.8 mg
Sodium 330.8 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 24.7%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese with the cream, lemon juice and apricot jam and beat well.
2) Beat in the mayonnaise. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if required and keep aside.
3) Tear and halve the lettuce leaves and place them on individual serving plates.
4) Keep the pear slices on the lettuce and top over with the dressing. Scatter the capers over the dressing.
5) Sprinkle with the capers and serve immediately.