- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Lemon Wafers Recipe
|Canned pear halves||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4043 Calories from Fat 2064
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 235 g361.1%
Saturated Fat 145 g724.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 995.8 mg
Sodium 98.3 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 462 g154%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.1%
Sugars 204.2 g
Protein 35 g69.1%
Vitamin A 152.5% Vitamin C 41.5%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 109.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir in pears, pear syrup and egg yolks.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 1 minute; remove from heat; stir in the 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, lemon rind and juice. Spoon into a glass jar with a screw top; cool, uncovered, to room temperature; cover jar; chill at least 4 hours, or overnight.
4. Beat the 1 cup butter or margarine until soft in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed; turn speed to low; blend in flour, alternately with cream, to make a smooth dough. Wrap dough in wax paper. Chill at least 4 hours.
5. Roll out dough, a quarter at a time, to a 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut with 3-inch fancy cookie cutters. Place on cookie sheets. Prick with a fork in several places.
6. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 8 minutes, or until golden. Remove to wire racks with pancake turner. Cool completely. Spread with pear mixture just before serving.